March 28, 2012

The dream, a 28 years long waited journey!

Many have heard me said this very same thing before, but I don't get tired for saying it again!

Whenever I was asked - what is my dream?  Without even thinking, I will say - I want to go to Ushuaia!  Then, people will give me this blank look, like - Uh?.  Ya, I know, they don't know where is Ushuaia back then. I am talking about 10 or 20 years ago.  Then, I would start telling  them the story.

When I was 8 year old, I read an article about a place called Tierra del Fuego (火地岛) at the southern most tip of our planet. Over there, there is this little town called Ushuaia (烏斯懷亞), where people called it, End of the World.  Then, a picture of Ushuaia showed up.
Ushuaia - Argentina, Apr 2010.
Since then, I always, and will always want to come here.

Well, it is really not that easy.  First, I need to earn enough money.  Second, I need to have the time.  And third, I need to build a lot of guts.  It took 13 years of working, a huge gaining of forex ratio, and last of all, I make a friend from Citi Argentina, Diego.  I met Deigo in 2005 at New York when we were selected to represent our country in the Citi GTA program.  

With a lot of his help over the next 5 years, and research, I finally decided to put my career  on hold and to chase for a dream of 28 years.
There I come, Ushuaia! 

1 comment:

  1. Envious of you. Please do let me know if you travel to any of these fantastic places again.

    ReplyDelete