March 29, 2012

South America - Journey to Buenos Aires, being fearless!

Being talking about it for years, the preparation started 6 months earlier when I bought the ticket.  I started to get questions like - Don't you afraid?  You are going alone? Is it safe? Are you sure, South America? Isn't it under military government?  Well, I can go on.  The truth is I never really think that much or that far.  I just know I want to go there, so I bought a huge insurance and prepare my will.  There is no turning back! 
Fearless, not really.  But there seems to be a calling within, like the un-controllable demon and it will surface after life is too peaceful for a while. Well, it forces me to learn everytime I go on a journey. 

On Feb 27 2010, Chile experienced one of the worse earthquake. Many friends asked me, are you still going?  I said -Yes. It is a trip that will not be cancelled.  On Mar 28, 2010, I boarded the mid night flight heading to Buenos Aires.  The flight was suppossed to take ~26hours and transiting in Johannesburg and Cape Town before arriving Buenos Aires, but it hits a turbulence on Myanmar airspace.  When we arrived at Johannesburg, we were told that the turbulence had dented the tail and we will be grounded till further notice.
MH201 747 - Johannesburg, Apr 2010.
That shows life is never as planned.  We ended up spending 8 long hours delay in Johannesburg and by the time we arrived in Buenos Aires Ezeiza International Airport at 11pm, this had became the longest flight journey in my life, ~36hours!

It was middle of the night, I felt the breeze in the ride from the airport to the city as it smell very much autumn, the season I like best.  I was so tired but Mar 28 ended with a sense of hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment